Friday, November 14, 2008

The Shapeshifter - Harmonic 33



Dear Comme Des Garcons,

As the world is going wild over your H&M collaboration, I can't even really think about it. To be honest, I was a mite bit annoyed with how few H&Ms in the US received the merchandise. I realize this adds to the exclusivity but have you seen how much of the merchandise has ended up on eBay? It means people who love the designs, don't have access to it and opportunists are making a quick buck . . . but that's beside my point.

I'm writing today because last month while visiting New York, I wandered over to your fantastic Chelsea store where I purchased yet another scent, which I love.

My younger sister Cornpuddin', even met me and she was in a good mood because she too, loves your store (and she's never in a good mood, after work). Cornpuddin' says shopping in NYC is depressing, but we love your designs.



I tried on several Junya Watanabe pieces, like the one above and they were all fabulous and the one I coveted most was completely out of my budget (typical). But what I really fell for, were these amazing wool tote bags which looked like soft pillows. When you picked up the handles of the bags, you could see the folds and gathers on all sides. The inside resembled a blossoming flower. They ranged from $200 - $350 and they came in red and blue. I don't know why I didn't act then, but I didn't for whatever reason. The next day, I came frantically running back. . . only to be told that another customer had phoned in and purchased both the bags! Gutted, I went home with my tail between my legs, but left my name with the shop in case they got in anymore. I then proceeded to try and find the bags online. I can usually find anything online. Not so much, this time. The bags are virtually impossible to find.

So if anyone's reading this. . . and you know where I could find one of the fabulous wool Comme Des Garcons tote bags A/W 08. . . please leave me a comment or let me know. It would be much appreciated!

1 comment:

Secretista said...

It was like black friday at the H&M stores! I'm glad I didn't go.