Saturday, January 31, 2009

The Magician - Cinematic Orchestra



Feeling creatively clogged?
Having a bit of constipation of the mind?

I know. . . join the club! But this amazing documentary by Loic Prigent is precisely what the doctor ordered. It's so much better than a bag of prunes. Am currently cursing myself for failing to buy this when I saw it at the Marc by Marc Jacobs store in Boston, over the summer. I watched most of the documentary last night and I laughed at Marc's sweet dependence on his devoted assistant, I smiled at his love and appreciation of art and my eyes widened at his design process. Some of things he does. . . well it all seems so practical and easy. . . but it's not. It's very special and that's why Marc has a certain je ne sais pas that no one can quite put their finger on. He is a true eccentric in the best type of way. .. because he also seems quite kind.

I will be buying this as soon as it's available on line. You should too.

No comments: