Friday, January 30, 2009

Pieces Froides #1 (Airs A Faire Fuir) - Erik Satie



I usually call this the "winter waiting" time period. "Winter waiting" consists of me buying a bunch of stuff online and waiting patiently for all my purchases to be delivered to my mailbox. It beats the winter blues and certainly takes my mind off the impending holiday of stress and despair (oh Saint Valentine, if only you could see the superficial crap which occurs in your honor). But this year's winter waiting, has become a me-spree taken to a level of insanity. This Mociun dress has been talking to me for about two months, whispering sweet nothings into my ear. "Buy me", "love me", "take me home, I'll never make you blue". I finally couldn't hold my hands to my ears any more. It does make me smile, the dress. The pleasant tulip flare, the way it ties at the bosom. There's something whimsical and girly there, which I adore. Anywho I made another purchase on eBay today. . . something I simply couldn't afford to pass up. And with that, I think it's time to impose an apparel spending ban on myself. (We'll see how long this one last).

5 comments:

Sabrina said...

I really love that Mociun dress! Sadly the shape I wanted is sold out. But I couldn't afford it anyways. It looks great on you!

Chubbs said...

you look lovely...and those legs! and yes, the dia del muerte is upon us...i was buying a birthday card for a friend yesterday and bumped into the valentine's day section. i plan to spend it the way i always do...shaking my head and rolling my eyes at the folks who ostentatiously celebrate their "love" but once a year with a poof of plastic balloons, stuffed teddy bears, and cheap candy. Wait--we were talking about dresses...

susie_bubble said...

The print is marvellous.... no wonder it was calling out to you....

K.Line said...

So beautiful and suits you perfectly. And the price was right!

Annie said...

Gorgeous