Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Fear (remix) - u-Ziq



In the top drawer of my largest IKEA dresser, you can find a list of resolutions (if you will) which I scribbled down on a piece of paper before 2009 began it's long and somewhat shitty run. Among that list, one of the resolutions is to "get back in the sky". It's funny that many of you have read this blog for about a year and no one ever wonders why I never go anywhere except for on the east coast. Sure, I wax poetic about London often, which might make you think I frequent. . . but those actions are similar to that of an anorexic waxing poetic about chocolate cupcakes. Happy memories of the past. But that's all about to change. Fears and phobia are particularly strange because no matter how you explain it to your listener, you always feel silly discussing it. My fear of flying came from one extremely turbulent flight to which I was alone, ever since then, flying results in panic attacks. But after therapy, positive thinking and a real need to see my beloved relatives of the South. . . I got back on a plane. And I'm happy I did it. Life sucks with phobias!

fear - u-ziq

I use to find these vintage Pan Am bags in every single thrift store I encountered. Now I never see them and the remakes are rather costly. Drat.

(Photo: Shop Diary.com )

No comments: