Tuesday, March 3, 2009

All I Do - Stevie Wonder


So, you ask where I've been, as I retreat home to you . . . tired but pleased? I've been working on something very cool (but tiring). And everyone and their mother seems to be talking about it. Which only means one thing. It was a success (or a complete failure, but in this case, I really think it's the former). One of the perks of television . . . once everything calms down and all the problems are nearly sorted. . . everyone starts to enjoy themselves. But when I have projects as large as this, it consumes my life. No ballet, no friendship chats, no sleep, no life. Working on shows at the White House is far more challenging, logistically than any other show. Anyone who comes through those gates has to be accounted for and background checked. All the vehicles have to be timed and orderly. That was my task. Easy? No. Tantrum inducing? A couple, yes. Satisfying? Deeply. But it all came together in the end. I even gave the president a big cheesy smile.

1 comment:

lsaspacey said...

Congrats! I once did an event with both Hilary Clinton, when she was running for Senator AND Rania, the Queen of Jordan in New York City so I know exactly what you mean! But it feels so good afterwards, right?

P.S. I spoke to John Galliano at this same event! He didn't speak back (I was handing over his seating assignment) but still!