Monday, March 30, 2009

Cherry Blossom Girl - Air




DC is in full bloom (which means my allergies are going haywire). Fonda, who visited me last week is one of my oldest, dearest friends. We met on a beach in France. On that very same beach I first heard Air, Moon Safari , (thus changing my life) a few years earlier. Though we lived on opposite coasts, I . . . East, her . . . West, our friendship has survived nearly ten years of letter writing, bi-coastal visits, monumental life changes (she lost her beautiful mother, who was Japanese American), road trips and a couple of trips back over the ocean to where it all started. This is one of our favourite songs. When she forced me out of the house in the rain last weekend to see the cherry blossoms, I dragged my feet the entire way there. But shortly after our arrival downtown, I realized standing in the rain, watching the cherry blossoms in awe, is a part of our friendship's destiny. Not the climax, but a clear and prominent marker in the road.




Dress- Maharishi
Sweater - United Colors of Benetton
Coat - Erin Fetherston for Target
Wet Soggy Boots - Aldo
Hat - Nordstrom (Rack)
Bag - Comme Des Garcons


Cherry Blossom Girl (Radio Mix) - Air

1 comment:

TaylorFrances said...

OMG! That erin fetherston jacket she's wearing... any chance you could give me her contact information? I've been searching high and low for that jacket and I can't find one anywhere. Haha i'm like desperate. Email me at TFS@Lpbroadband.net please :)