Sunday, March 8, 2009

The Dress - Blonde Redhead



Above, La Petite Salope A/W 2008. Below, Elizabeth and James S/S 2009. I absolutely loved this the first time around. But now you see why I don't buy anything with a celebrity's name beside it, if I can avoid it. Sure, I know everyone copies but if I were La Petite Salope, I'd be hopping mad right now. Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen are lauded as fashion icons, so why they feel the need to pull this copycat crap is beyond me. Even the diagonal strap. . .




PS- Having said that, I'd like to try and attempt to make this dress myself. But I CERTAINLY would never try and sell it. Especially not for $475!

5 comments:

Peas said...

Thw first one is beautiful. You would look stunning in it.

K.Line said...

Hmmm - I totally agree.

Chubbs said...

that first dress is insanely gorg'! I want it. I want to wear it. I want to sleep in it. I want to lay it out on my bed and stare at it for hours on end.

Ruhvana and Flanelli said...

The first one is amazing! i could try to make a copy out of it (FOR MYSELF) too:).


Flanelli

love first, and live incidentally said...

The first dress is gorgeous, very you. My first impression was "oh, the Olson's made a better version of that crappy dress they put out last season"... then I scroll down and saw that their's is merely a poor imitation, I can't say I'm surprised.