Friday, March 27, 2009

Human Behavior - Bjork




Kells seems to be an authority on things which tickle my fancy. . . but she really nailed it this time, when she sent me an email which simply said

"Thought you would appreciate the aesthetic".

Best Behavior makes me feel like I'm fifteen and trapped in suburbia again. When I go to their site (as I have, about five times in the last five days), I suddenly feel extreme envy for those who live in Europe and have access to their clothes. After high school would let out, I would keep myself occupied on the internet by looking at Topshop.co.uk, the Esprit Europe online catalogs (the clothes were better in Europe in the 90's) and the very-basic-at-the-time Colette website. But I never felt fulfilled because the clothing simply wasn't available to me. I didn't have my first in store Topshop experience until I was sixteen and trust me when I say, it was pretty overwhelming. (If it were possible to faint and cry at the same time, I would say. . . yup, nearly happened).

Best Behavior makes me feel faint. Flowy yet structured dresses, slouchy trousers (almost every season), drapey basics. Mint green, peach, yellow. . . colours I love to wear. I would throw out 80% of my wardrobe and replace it with Best Behavior if it were financially possible. I patiently await the opening of their online store.

PS- I also listened to this song almost every day when I was at that angsty age.


4 comments:

Peas said...

Oh my! I love this. So much. These are some of the most beautiful garments I have seen in a long time.

caro said...

Oh jes, this collection is really cool!

lillian said...

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


Sarah

http://adoptpet.info

etoilee8 said...

Peas I knew you would.

Caro, aren't they great?

Sarah . . . that is such a kind comment. I hope you visit OFTEN (and leave comments because I love them and they make my day!)