Tuesday, March 31, 2009

She's In Fashion - London Suede



A few months ago a friend of mine had the pleasure of sitting next to a delightful young lady on her way to a tropical destination. At first the young women seemed a bit quiet, but halfway through the flight, she opened up and they were soon chattering away like old friends. The young lady was indeed a model and the two talked happily through two flights and one stopover in Miami. Here is a paraphrased version of one of their conversations.

My friend - "You're a model?!? Cool!! Which magazines have you been in?"
Model - "Oooh, a couple. Vanity Fair, Vogue . . . "
My friend - "Those are really big magazines! That's so great".
(Model smiles sheepishly yet knowing).

It wasn't until after goodbyes were said and personal details was swapped, did my friend realize her flying buddy was indeed the very famous Gisele. True story. And yes, my friend really is that charmingly clueless when it comes to these matters . . . but you're better off that way as Gisele clearly found it to be honest and refreshing. Anyways, I think all these Vanity Fair photos are hot, hot, hot.



I'll tell you a little secret. Dad, stop reading now.

I save images (like the first one with the blindfold), specifically to recreate in later relationships in my life. My husband will be one lucky little bastard.

(Photos: Dlisted )

4 comments:

An (ex) alien in new york said...

My mum's friend did that at the pool-side with Angelina Jolie. A two hour long conversation. Absolutely nil recognition.

It must have been refreshing for her to just talk about her kkids and stuff with Tim, without him having twigged.

K.Line said...

This story is delightful! And I really hope your dad stopped reading... :-)

lsaspacey said...

You know your dad read that, don't you?

etoilee8 said...

He totally read it. (I can't be blamed for the mental harm done. . . I warned him!) When I asked him about it, he just said "public domain, my dear daughter, public domain".