Saturday, April 11, 2009

Chove Chuva - Sergio Mendes & Brasil '66



Can I have my own newsletter too now? Because the trench coat has probably been my most favourite staple in my wardrobe for a couple years now. It instantly smartens up any old outfit while still keeping the casual I-just-threw-on-my-clothes-and-left-my-house appeal. It looks vintage and modern all at once. I actually always think of the 60's when I see a trench. But if you're going to get one, please buy thrift. The thrift stores in suburbia are over run with them and they're usually a fair price (generally $10-$15). They're also already broken in and authentic looking. I find the trench coat works best if it looks a bit worn in. Plus buying thrift equals smaller carbon footprint and most of of us like the sounds of that. Make sure to get the length hemmed to fit you perfectly (it's very easy to yourself) and wear with plenty of scarves.

3 comments:

lsaspacey said...

I'd rather read your newsletter than hers. Does she think this is a revolutionary idea, to buy a trenchcoat in the spring? Check any and every women's magazine going back 20 years, Gwynnie.

cornpuddin said...

oooh feisty!

etoilee8 said...

You know what it is, she just comes across as so smug and condescending. Maybe she's not like that at all but she should work hard at it if she isn't. . .