Tuesday, April 28, 2009

One Day - Bjork



I am so utterly disappointed and slightly disgusted by the Susan Boyle hysteria. My father made me watch the video and I'll admit . . . we were both touched by the magnificence of her voice. Les Miserable was the first musical my father took me to which didn't scare the shit out of me. (The first was Cats! No further explanation necessary). But all this malarkey about the moral message of judging by appearances?? The world will pretend they understand, only to forget precisely two minutes later when everyone goes wild over some awful piece of studio manipulated crap by a pop sensation with a hot set of abs and a questionable vocal range. Well frankly it all makes me a bit nauseous.

But then I unbrunch my panties, watch this video feel immediately better.

(I love how a couple of the kids really get into it, swaying their heads, Stevie Wonder style).

No comments: