Monday, May 4, 2009

Trophy - Bat For Lashes



Alec Wek wearing her special who-are-all-these-assholes, smirk.
Is it just me or have the attendees of the Met Ball completely 180ed in the last couple of years? Once upon a time, it would seem the Met Ball was an event geared towards fashion people (editors, designers, models, photographers), indie stars and fashion admirers (you know, the stars that take a chance and wear something ridiculous every now and then). This year no such luck. The bread and butter starlets who are usually quoted spewing some crappola about being most content in "jeans and tshirt" were out in full force and the result was frumpy and massively underwhelming (this is what happens when people try to look "artsy"). I know, I know, they're just fishing around for a magazine cover and it's their god given right to be so transparent . . . but that's exactly why I don't watch the Oscars.

(Photo: Fashionologie )

1 comment:

Sister Wolf said...

Nope, it's not just you.

(and I was JUST thinking about you this afternoon....and it made you come to see me, I think! xo)