Friday, June 19, 2009

Online - De-Phazz



I recently joined a dating site, for reasons of nothing better to do with myself. While it has definitely supplied me with hours upon hours of writing material, it overall just concretes my thought, "it's really hard out there". Be it through a computer or in a bar. The main difference between the virtual meat markets and actual meat markets is the ability to accelerate the process of weeding through the suitors.

This particular site allows you to instant message between users and I find when I sign on late at night, my screen gets flooded. I usually will try and respond to everyone, but I make an effort to focus on one person at a time. I don't think it's fair or nice to spread yourself too thinly. Our beau du jour was nice but not really my type (as I found later). First of all he complimented my "beautiful brown skin", which always gives me the heebie jeebies coming from white males, even if it's meant with the purest of intentions. His chatting skills likened to a job interview combined with a pep rally. (And you all know how much I love both of those things).

Do you consider yourself assertive? Well yes, I suppose I do.
Do you consider yourself a take-charge sort of woman? I guess. Yes, doesn't everyone?
How does being assertive and taking charge extend to your relations? Well, I know what I like, but I try not to be bossy.
Do you own a pair of white boots? Come again?

He seemed to cheer every time I answered a question to his liking and he was so into this interview process that I didn't have the heart to tell him (post browsing of the photos), that I could never get into a grown man who wore knee socks with shorts.




(Pulp Comic Illustions from here )

2 comments:

K.Line said...

Eeek - dating hasn't improved since I was doing it, apparently! :-)

etoilee8 said...

Yup. I'm pleased to announce it still sucks.