Monday, June 15, 2009

Skin and Bones - The Sunday


Once again, I receive my mind blowing news from Gawker . I have been accused more than once of favouring Brits over Americans. I repeat myself when I say "this is not true". I don't favour either country, simply because irritating people exist in every far corner of the world. I do however favour the British ability to be frank, honest and to-the-point. While Alexandra Shulman should probably accept some of the blame for this mess (I am awfully tired of the magazine industry washing their hands of blame for the body image of woman), I do applaud her efforts in trying to reign in a problem which is clearly and completely out of control. Now what will prove itself to be the true test of time, is to see whether or not the images of women in her magazine change. I challenge British Vogue to use a model with normal proportions and height. I don't believe that crap for a second that clothes look better on a wire thin body. What's that phrase again about beauty and the beholder?

Alexandra Shulman, you seem sensible and highly intelligent. Lead us into a new era. If anyone can do it, you wield the power to do so. The Kate Moss cover is one of my all time favourites. She looks regal and healthy. More of that please.

(Photos: The Observer )

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You come off as quite the prat (to use a wonderful and apt Britishism) when you use the British spelling on words like "favor".

etoilee8 said...

I know! It started when I was younger and used to read all of Roald Dahl's books as a child. I use to get my writing marked up by my teacher regularly and then just decided to be defiant and keep on using it because I liked it better for whatever reason. You also come off as quite a "prat" (to use your own not so clever apt Britishism) when you leave shitty comments under the guise of Anonymous. Grow some balls.

vina said...

haha! I was going to point out the "favour" as well.

Peas said...

My favourite colour is heather grey.

cornpuddin said...

"Bloody Hell Peas, you chose my favourite colour. Now I have to choose a new colour! Bollocks!" I just had to write something with English colloquialisms to rub salt in the anonymous prat's wounds! ahaha...

Matthew Jackson said...

Meine Lieblingsfarbe ist auch grau. Wait, completely wrong spelling.