Monday, July 27, 2009

Bella Símamær - Björk




Age 12 and 14, Cornpuddin' and I were hopelessly glued to E!'s Fashion File and Model Life. We were religious watchers of both and I credit those shows with nurturing my budding interest in fashion at a young age. I particularly credit Fashion File with my knowledge of designers and who did what and when.

I never thought I would be a Betsey Girl, I wasn't at all the girl who liked flower prints or frilly dresses. Little by little Betsey Johnson grew on me as the grunge rock era unfolded before my childish eyes. Before I knew it, I was salivating over Betsey dresses at the boutique in Georgetown. It would take me years before I would finally own an outfit (purchased by Cornpuddin' who always gets the best presents). The older I get, the more I realize that not having the things I wanted handed to me immediately was actually good for my soul. People that are handed everything so easily fall out of love with everything so quickly. No surprise I picked an outfit which was re-issued to pay homage to her previous collections in the 90's.




(Betsey Scans: Dazed Digital )

4 comments:

Sister Wolf said...

Adorable! Perfect shoe choice as well.

K.Line said...

You look GORGEOUS in this!

jessica said...

what a cute dress!
and the shoes are great.

i think i will always be a betsey fan too. i just haven't enjoyed all of the giant 'betseyville' bags that are scattered throughout closeout shops. they are, how you say, a little tacky.

Joanne said...

I love Betsey Johnson. Her clothes are always so fun! Love your dress and shoes! :)