Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Molfsee - Urlich Schnauss



Sometimes I need a reason. And yesterday the reason landed at my feet in the form of a hairless, helpless abandoned baby bird. At first I could hardly stand to look at him, as he resembled a mound of torn flesh lying on the sidewalk. But when I released him to the hands of the animal sanctuary worker, I found myself feeling attached and emotional.

I haven't drove so slow in ages and without the A/C my car was unbearable. But I knew the temperature of my baking car would keep him toasty and his breathing immediately improved (I glanced over every two minutes to check).

Do I love my pretty shoes? Of course. Do I like my dresses? Without a doubt. Do I worry about money and crap? Certainly. But sometimes, you just need a reason to remind you that that isn't all we're put on this earth to do.


molfsee - Ulrich Schnauss

(I was listening to this on full blast on my headphones when I discovered the avian. Pop some headphones in to enjoy this song. It'll quickly become your favourite as it is mine).

4 comments:

K.Line said...

Oh, such a fragile little creature. I hope he'll be ok...

vina said...

I love his little mohawk.

Lisa said...

awwww! such a good post! I hope the baby bird is okay! you're such a trooper for helping it. and yes, moments such as these make you want to stop and re-think everything. material things are great, but baby birds being saved and rehabilitated...I mean, there's just nothing like it. bravo!

Annette said...

oh what a sweet thing....
oh I hope it all goes well.

:)