Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Silently - Blond Redhead



When I'm feeling a bit lost, sometimes it helps to watch Broken English. I identify with the character in more ways than I like to admit (in one scene I noticed we have the same underwear, bizarre, non?). Part of me finds Nora overly dramatic and whiney, part of me is totally and absolutely empathetic. The freak out sessions, insecurities and fears are real, raw and somewhat familiar. And the grass is greener on the other side dynamic which she has with her best friend I am all too familiar with. She's so scared to be hurt that it's somewhat difficult to watch at times. I'm always left wondering how I too can change my life, for the better. But let us not forget the dialog. Oh the dialog.

Julian "Is there something wrong with you?"

Nora "Yeah, I'm a freak".

and:

French Cab driver: "I hope you find (h)appiness"

Audrey, Nora's Friend: "A Penis?"

Cab driver: "Yes!"




And where would blatant materialism be without the internet? Once upon a time, if you saw something you liked in a movie, you were left wondering if you would ever come across the item. Now, you just google, "silver cloud necklace" and poof . . . there it is, your Princess Tina necklace, for you to admire until have the cash in hand to buy it.

(Photos: Here, , here, and here.)

3 comments:

Annie Spandex said...

Ha! That cab driver dialogue is funny ;)

Chubbs said...

oh, you brought back a lovely memory. I forgot how much i love this movie--and how much I loved Nora's bathtub.

etoilee8 said...

I hope you both find "appiness". xo.