Saturday, July 25, 2009

Stuck Between Stations - The Hold Steady


I call it the Queen Michelle Effect . The ability to find an item you would normally never give second thought to wearing as an every day piece and yet slowly but surely you find yourself trying to piece together exactly how it would work out in your wardrobe. Queen Michelle has encouraged many buys and trends in my wardrobe over the years (like fringe). You might already know that I'm a sucker for a fancy collar but these by costume designer Millie Cockton are simply magnificent. (Did I mention Cockton is only 19? Another young over achiever to make us all sweat bullets and feel old and worn). I would happily and regally wear a Cockton collar with many plain shift dresses as anything else might be a bit too ornate. I would also take extra care to ease myself gracefully through any door way (otherwise my family would pop a gasket laughing as they watched me struggle . . . and I refuse to give them too much entertainment on my behalf).




(Photos: Dazed Digital )

1 comment:

Joanne said...

That's amazing!! :)