Sunday, August 9, 2009

Laughing - Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young


For something which I immediately hated based purely on principal that it is flashy and a bit grandiose, even I have to admit, Dad's new car is a nice ride. Driving over the Bay Bridge with the sun in my face, the wind in my hair and an iced coffee from Dunkin' Ds with my father is really all I need for a pleasant Saturday. Throw Crosby, Stills and Nash into the cd player, it becomes totally decadent. Such an enjoyable afternoon should be illegal.

At the crescendo of a certain song, I turn to Dad and remember that I forgot to tell him, "did you know, there's a movie coming out about . . . " as he's saying "there's a movie . . . ". We both stop talking a mere split second before I shout, "JINX".

Chuckling in disbelief, I smile because I'm so filled with such gaiety that I am my father's child. Two different sized coffee cups, poured from the same exact brew.

2 comments:

Peas said...

This was a lovely post. love. And I like your coffee analogy.

SwanDiamondRose said...

that really does sound perfect.