Saturday, August 29, 2009

Somebody Gonna Get Pregnant - Ninjasonik



After this summer it would seem, not "somebody" but everybody apparently gonna get pregnant. (At least according to my facebook account). Allow this video to serve as a reminder to those of us that aren't quite ready to be childbearing to wrap it up.

Today I visited a close friend who had a little boy on Friday. While I know pregnancy didn't always suit her (there are some women who treasure every second of it . . . what freaks), it made me immensely happy to see how in love she is with her little man. I even got a little smiley too. He's so small and quiet. Did this twentysomething mild disliker of children bring:

A. Cooing and words of joy.
B. Toys for the babe (who already has too many to fit in his nursury)
C. A nice bottle of champagne.


If you guessed "C" you know me well and will be welcomed into my post delivery hospital room with open arms.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

you have no idea how many times in a given day I want to update my facebook status as, "we get it people. you're all having babies. what tipped me off? oh, I don't know, the bazillion sonogram pictures of a white blob that you all make your profile photo. that may have done it." :D but then i'd lose probably 50 friends that are pregnant, plus about another 100 that are mom's now. ugh.

anyway, here's a fun little link you'll like, relating to the topic at hand:

http://bit.ly/UXAYU

love,

lisa

etoilee8 said...

I swear Lisa there's something in the water. Truthfully, for my 300 some fb friends, only about 50 of them are close to me. The rest, I find myself digging really deep to come up with something pleasant to say. Nothing pops someone's pregnancy bubble like "oh wow, I guess you won't be hanging out anymore" or "oh I'm sorry to hear that . . . I'll have a drink for you" :)