Sunday, September 20, 2009

Where Is My Mind? - Pixies




Definitition of "insanity" by Albert Einstein: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.


This is how I feel about malls lately. Poor selection. Being lied to by sales assistants who tell you you are "killing it", when you know you look like a beached whale. Seeing the same boring cuts in a variety of terrible colours.

You see, I have badun-a-dunk. Also known as junk-in-the-trunk, less eloquently referred to as "lady lumps". I cover them accordingly. Never will I suffer from muffin top or pants that fit too small in the thigh. I'd rather spend a small fortune at Outnet.

And spend I did. Winter is coming. I can't wear dresses to work forever! The top pair are Alexander McQueen, the middle Vivienne Westwood and the last Maharishi. I know they won't all work and I'll end up with one or two pairs at most. And while they will be expensive I think that they'll last me for 2-3 years and I won't have to go through this tedious exercise in patience and persistence again soon. Plus, when I think about the gas I save and the precious time not wasted sorting through piles of crap, I smile. It is very much worth it.

I should open a law firm in "justifications". I'd make millions.

3 comments:

Peas said...

And the justifications begin....we are masters of the craft.

Speaking of sales assistant. Don't forget this conversation taking place at at some hussy shoe store.

Scene: Me trying on a funny looking pair of shoes, that basically looked like oversized baby shoes.
Me: (looking down at feet) Naaaah, I don't think so.
Sales girl: No, you look cute! Like pocahontas!
Me: (lifting one eye brow in disbelief) I think I look like a horse.
Sales girl: You can pull it off!
Me to Aja: I pull of the horse look?

etoilee8 said...

I was totally going to make mention of that in a later blog post, horsegirl.

Iris said...

That is one of my favourite sayings of all time! I use it all the time in all sorts of arguments ;-)