Monday, September 7, 2009

White Wedding - Billy Idol



Weddings, the most socially awkward gathering of my twenties, often peppered by the soft cushion of alcohol. I've found the key to nuptial ceremonial success is to be sure that you actually care about the happiness of the nuptials and are not attending merely out of obligation.

Whoever thought it would be so simple? And as you know, I am not an occasion shopper, so having this Calvin Klein dress on stand by has proved itself to be a clever investment.
































But where would a wedding be, without at least one frivolous, alcohol fueled, amorous advance? The young man pictured with my older sister was caught in an awkward moment with myself where the photographer insisted we get in close for a photograph together. As he wrapped his youthful arms around my torso and we both cheesed it up, I felt a pinch on my granny pants covered derriere. With an amused smile upon my face, I hissed through my teeth, "If I weren't drunk, I would smack the shit out you".

And with his thick Texan drawl, he smiled, winked and said "well sweetheart, may I suggest I get you another drink?"

Being groped by a twenty two year old really is one of the finer things in life.

2 comments:

Peas said...

You look smashing in that dress!

InnyVinny said...

That is such a great dress!