Sunday, April 18, 2010

Bobby James - N.E.R.D.


This morning, I squeezed my body into the restaurant booth aligning myself on the seat with my sister and brother-in-law. Coffee is always free flowing at a family brunch and it is my most favourite time of the week. Jamesy's coffee invaded my nostrils and I welcomed it, ordering one of my own. When it arrived, I quickly began to doctor it with copious amounts of sugar. My brother-in-law (Jamesy), smiled grimly and said "you'll need that, this coffee is pretty assed out".

The Urban Dictionary has four unique meaning for "assed out":

1. out of luck

2. to be done. tired beyond the point of tired. running on empty. used instead of pass out.

3. A major drug high

And my boyfriend has his own meaning:

1. Coffee which was essentially brewed in someone's bowels and shot out into your coffee cup.

Pick your own meaning.


(Illustrations: by Bella Foster at Art Department).

1 comment:

Peas said...

I love these illustrations, and the bf's explanation takes the prize.