Monday, June 14, 2010

Sordid - Amon Tobin


Don't mind me sweating like a pig. I hate sports. My friend's most convincing argument was the email he sent a group of us encouraging us to join in the festivities. It went something to the tune of this:

"so stoked! god, i love world cup time. for the next month we get to drop everything and pretend like we're integrated with the rest of the planet. but the best is that now i can get in all my non-soccer-loving friends' faces and just act like a total bitch for a month. it's awesome. it's like america becomes part of the rest of the world again for a few weeks instead of being the black sheep."


Well put.
I'm in.



I wore my APC dress and my Rachel Comey Contributor shoes for the occasion. I like to call my shoes "the plumber shoes". They may wear a belt but you're still going to see a little crack.

5 comments:

rebecca said...

I love it. Well worth waiting 4 years for :). But I get into arguments with my American friends about it all the time. Turns out it's something about the low goal-counts that makes a game boring to them. That and not being champions... ;)

On another note, went to Nordstrom Rack last night and they just got a whole bunch of James Perse stuff in...

etoilee8 said...

Funny, I wore my James Perse tee today and kept thinking "I lurve this shirt". But yeah, not being the best at something is pretty rough on most Americans, but if you're like me and you truly don't care, then there's nothing wrong with watching "your" team get creamed. But they played well in the England match. It looked to me like England's defense was working really hard but the offense not so much as they had a lot more shots on goal than we did.

I understand the game, but it doesn't make me care any more . . .

The Kara K Project said...

Hey there! Thank you for dropping a comment on my blog! Thank you so much! The scarf is definitely a keeper!

p.s those shoes ROCK! Love them. I wonder if we can get them down under :)

-KK

fashion herald said...

Adore the shoes!

Carly Findlay said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog! I like your outfit here - you are beautiful :)