Sunday, August 15, 2010

Smile Upon Me - Passion Pit



All weekend, I have felt like losing my shit over little things. Petty things. Tiny mistakes. Make no mistake of this, some days I wake up and generally want to punch faces in. Nothing soothes the angry like a package from overseas filled with three, paunchy blue boxes, tied with candy cane ribbon. The contents were of course beautiful and fantastic.



But the bonus. Oh the bonus. All summer long I have watched the website carefully, studying which necklaces to buy. "I like three but I should only buy two", I told myself in a calm, mature manner. Recently I came in touch with an old friend from England. Turns out the designer is his sister. Naturally, I bought all three! Gotta support my peeps.

Sometimes when you feel lonely and cut off from the rest of the world, it's nice to get a subtle reminder that you're never really that far away and those of similar mind always seem subtly connected.

Necklaces by Joanna Rutter.

4 comments:

WendyB said...

You've been having sneaky hate spirals! http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2010/05/sneaky-hate-spiral.html

vina said...

The hello is so sweet. I love love love the hi necklace. Aja! Now I want one.

Peas said...

So pretty! I especially love the Hello and the Reef.

InnyVinny said...

Presents always cure everything. EVERYTHING.

LOL @ sneaky hate spirals.