Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Space Maker - Air



Have you ever seen a photo where everything falls so neatly into it's place? Her hair, her complexion and the dress. It's all too right together. The dress is the type of stuff I dream of wearing. Such beautiful design and probably flattering as well.
Reminds me of this great book, Drape Drape which K. Line told me about. It will be my book purchase for next week as I've already hit this week's book limit. Moderation my friends. Something I rarely practice, but you know, you got to try . . .




(Photos: Pudri and Etsy)

6 comments:

layersandswathes said...

Ugh you are like me... I could buy a new book every minute of the day! I just want my life to be filled with beautiful books to the brim!

InnyVinny said...

What is this book about...it looks interesting.

And that blue dress is so pretty.

etoilee8 said...

I am so like you Layers. I really have to put limits on myself when it comes to books. Because it's something that's easy to justify.

Alicia, it's full of draping patterns to make dresses with lovely layers! AKA right up my alley.

K.Line said...

Honey, you are going to love this! I redid the gather dress pattern this weekend - did a full bust adjustment (but moved the dart to the centre and then out the side seam i.e. no dart any more but FBA is there nonetheless. Lord, I find it bizarre that that works!) and now I've got to make a muslin (woven) and see if if does the trick. Pls. give me positive vibes!

According to some peeps I've been emailing, some of the patterns are extremely easy (the tops), even with no Eng. instruction.

I know you will have lots of fun.

joy said...

lovely book!

lucinda said...

I think I need this book! Thanks for sharing x