Saturday, September 18, 2010

Champs Elysees - Joe Dassin



Have a happy weekend. It's getting chillier here every day so you best get out and enjoy the sunshine. Here are the two things which are currently making me smile. In high school, at the end of my tired and very uninspiring French classes, my teacher would allow us to sing a few songs. I hated French class with a passion (my grades reflected that much), but something about this hip swaggering melody always puts a smile on my face.


Second of all I love the cover of Elle. Elle has getting a lot of flack for it on other blogs but I'm going to come right out and say I love it. I love the green dress on Sidibe's skin. I love her cherubic smile and the roundness of her face. Can we all just calm down for a minute and celebrate this girl? You can't? Well pity for you, I will!

All of this makes me want a green dress, to wear while sauntering down the Champs Elysees. You see what I did there? Yeah, you liked it.

3 comments:

Peas said...

This is making me smile. I love everything about this cover. No American Elle snooze fest here!

lsaspacey said...

I'm sorry. I still feel bad about this two pics. I hate how they make it seem that she's too big to fit on the page, while all the other actresses are in half or full-body shots. They didn't want to show her figure and thought if they just came in close that would solve "their" problem. I love Gabby and she deserves so much more than this type of treatment!

etoilee8 said...

You know Isaspacey, I never even looked at it from this perspective. And you do bring up a valid point . . . but this wouldn't be the first cover that Elle has done a close up of the face. Back in the day "beauty shots" were quite common for magazine covers. And when we look at how many magazine covers get airbrushed to the high heavens and what not, it would seem as if Gabby is getting the same treatment of everyone else. That would be a picture which is somewhat manipulated and distorted. Is it right? No . . .