Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Kitty wú - Jaga Jazzist



All About My Friends

And then there's the ballet dancer who lives in an old DC mansion, which she shares with five other girls (also ballet dancers). In the hallway of the dancer's abode, hangs a very old, very decadent kimono which once belonged to the home's original owner. While everything else changes around the house (dancers, furniture, pointe shoes to flat shoes), the kimono remains the same.

Dress - Clu
Shoes - Chanel


Speaking of shoes, I broke in these lovelies and they are my new favorites. Please be aware, the pigeon toed blogger stance is purely out of necessity. My size 10 feet can't fit on a stair plank vertically, you see.

Other things learned this weekend: how to do a beehive. (You can do it too, click the link). And with African American hair, you don't even need to a ton of hairspray. Loving my natural volume.

4 comments:

vina said...

I wish my hair was long enough to rock out a beehive! All in good time, my dear. All in good time.

Annie @ Wiloh said...

Those. Shoes. Are. Beautiful!!

WendyB said...

Okay, I'll forgive the pigeon toes. THIS TIME!

The Queen of Hearts said...

I saw those shoes in real life on the mean streets of NY. I think I scared the woman half to death when I ran up on her to ask her about her footwear. Good thing she wasn't a size 9...

The Red Queen