Monday, September 13, 2010

Tactless Questions - Vyvienne Long



Rock on, James Perse. In that neutral, non disruptive way, you do so well.

Repetto ballet flats in cream? "Right up her alley, of course", you think. Yup, that's what I thought too. Until . . .

First things first, the bane of my shoe size 10/EU41/UK8 existence. The phase "runs small". Gaaaaah.

Second, the flats are made out of . . . canvas? I know they're Repetto but paying $250 for a pair of canvas ballet flats seems like license to kick one's own ass for money squandering.

And last but certainly not least, there's no size 10/41/UK8 for me to even worry about running small in. (Muttering under breath) "Sizest, pricey shoes . . . ".

Moving along. Keep calm, carry on.

(Photo: James Perse)

6 comments:

rebecca said...

I fell in love with a pair of Colin Robertsons about a year and a half ago. They were made so small that even a 41 (I'm a 40) made my foot so scrunched up I felt like one of Cinderella's ugly sisters. I don't see the point in making things small like that... sizeist indeed. Humph.

etoilee8 said...

You know, H&M NEVER has size 10 shoes. It's really frustrating. When you have large feet, you either get really lucky or you constantly fail.

K.Line said...

I do love Repetto shoes, but that's a ridic price for ballet flats.

Taylor said...

$250 for canvas shoes is unfair I feel. But they do LOOK like leather in the picture.

etoilee8 said...

The sole is leather. I should has specified. But still . . .!

joy said...

I have always loved Repetto and one day my closet will have a few pairs.