Sunday, October 17, 2010

Horses - Tori Amos



- Living so close to Virginia ahem, wine country, means that it's perfectly acceptable to dress up in tweed/woolen blazers and go watch horse races in the name of sport and drink (mostly drink).

- People kept telling me my hair looked fabulous. Imagine the wonders I could do if I had combed it!

- When the boyfriend asked me what to wear to such an event, I responded "Bring your tweed". He texts back "I ain't got no tweed because I'm not an asshole". Well played boyfriend, well played.

(But on that note, he regularly dresses the part of "a day at the races" without even trying. That tweed hat is by no means ironic. So I think he opened his mouth and crammed his foot right inside).

Blazer and shirt - Thrift
Jeans - Gap
Boots - Target
Bag - Brooklyn Industries
Scarf - Marc Jacobs


4 comments:

WendyB said...

Looks like a great day!

Tawa said...

Hey Aja,

What thrift store(s) do you go to? You always find the coolest things. I have donated at my local Salvation Army and it is always a mess so I just leave as soon as I leave my donation. Gorgeous blazer by the way.

Chubbs said...

These pics are lovely and you look so fresh and fab!

Fashion Guru said...

great post!