Sunday, November 21, 2010

You Make It Easy - Air

Morocco & Spain from Mike Matas on Vimeo.



Hope you are having a pleasant weekend, Dears.

I spoke to my love for the first time last night, from China. It was midnight here and noon there. He was fighting jetlag so alas, we were both pretty sleepy. I miss him so much that I had to fight to hold back my tears. Occasionally when I think about him, the hair on my arm rises and I know he is thinking about me too, at that moment.

He tells me that I will love his new home. I'm sure that I will. I plan on visiting for a month, in 2011 and I will probably take thousands of photos, like this couple did on their trip to Spain and Morocco. What a clever way to display them all.

(First seen on Some Notes on Napkins).

2 comments:

K.Line said...

How did you manage to find a boyfriend who was moving to China?? I'm sure it is v. challenging to live far from each other, but just think of the fun you'll have when you go to visit. No time for arguments in the long distance relationship!d

etoilee8 said...

I have no idea how I managed to do it K. Line! My reasoning is that DC is a pretty transient space. Many people past through town and it's the ones on a really incredible journey that I'm most attracted to. I tend to flock to those from other cultures or those who appreciate other cultures (hence, my best friend Peas is a Swede).

Someone famous person who I can't remember said recently that all couples should spend time away from each other just writing letters because it's a better way to get to know the other person. I think they're onto something, though I know some nights will be difficult when I reach over for him and remember that he is far away.

But I think we're going to get through this. There's no one else I'd rather be with. Wish us luck!