Thursday, December 30, 2010

The Light - Sun Kil Moon




I realize it's past Christmas but I thought I would share some pictures of Christmas decorations my pen pal and I both made in our decorative-nesting phase. Full disclosure: her's came out much better than my flimsy creations. She strikes me as someone who is very good at crafting. And it would seem she made hers with such care and I made mine as a substitute for knitting which has been my nervous habit this fall. I pick up nervous habits like you wouldn't believe. Instead of chewing my nails off, I pick up my knitting needles. Instead of picking up knitting needles, I would ferociously snip a bird hastily out of felt and string it up. But I was happy for the project. Though I've never met my pen pal, doing things like this makes me feel like we've known each other for years.

Penpal: Thanks for the ballerina. I heart it very much.



2 comments:

ellio100 said...

those birds are so beautiful, i wish i had seen them sooner. i think i may make some and leave them all year...

L.R. said...

So cute! I like your floppy birds! :) Did you use the stiff felt? I can't believe you had the patience to make so many! Yay for crafty penpals!