Sunday, January 23, 2011

Goin' Back - Devendra Banhart





"Girl, you can wear some outfits", said my Father today, after giving me the nod of approval when I showed up to a job we worked on together.
"Thanks, Pa. I try", I replied.

My outfit went over well, the show, maybe not so much. Can't win them all, can you?

I'm trying to shop my closet more. Finding the pleasure in older pieces. With the exception of the coat and necklace, everything here is three years old or older.

Shirt - H&M (four years old)
Jacket - Rick Owens (three years old)
Coat - H&M
Jeans - Acne (five years old)
Boots - Aldo (SIX years old)

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

I've been trying to shop my closet too.

Know what would be cool-- a clothing exchange with people who have awesome clothes. I hate clothes swaps because I show up with my nice stuff and everyone else is giving away Old Navy stuff. But a swap with people with great clothes or a month-long borrowing party or something, where you give it back at the end so it's really just switching it up for a bit but you never have to curse [X] for having your old favourite shirt that you got sick of and now want back.

That'd be fun.

K.Line said...

Your dad is so right!

etoilee8 said...

Rebecca my best friend and I have something called "long term loan". That plaid shirt I reclaimed from her closet after having had it been on long term loan for three years. But I think you're on to something with the borrowing party and you are ABSOLUTELY right about only having people with great clothes. The one clothing swap I went to, I brought much of the wardrobe I had in England and went home with an Old Navy tank top which was too large! If you ever organize this long term borrowing thing, count me in :)

Thank you K. Line, as always!

WendyB said...

Awesome comment from dad!

Liesl @ FabulousFashions4SensibleStyle said...

Very cute outfit, and what a nice compliment from your dad...love it!

Liesl :)