Saturday, January 8, 2011

Nova - Amon Tobin


Tilda Swinton is a goddess in my book. I've never seen her in a bad role. (Now a bad movie? The Beach was questionable). I can't quite remember the first movie I saw her in but her face stayed with me. Turns out I'm not the only person that felt that way. In the last five or six years she's become quite the fashion favorite. Something about her is very ethereal and yet she's still seems so grounded, focused and a little stern in a school teacher sort of way. I love that wide legged pants look (by Pringle). It's probably better on waif like figures but I pull it off from time to time (with very tall heels). I also love this collage La Garconne did of her.

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

I think she's amazing. Like if Thom Yorke and Cate Blanchett had a baby.

Love the wide pants look too. Also only pull it off with heels and when my baps are feeling especially small. Did I ever tell you that I used to pray to be brought back in my next life with an asian figure, and a large bank account? It's so that I can wear, and afford, looks like that one, without looking pregnant and/or homeless...

Rebecca said...

LOL I told Jamie about Thom Yorke and Cate Blanchett, and he starts singing... I'm in the other room so I'm wondering what Radiohead song he's singing (because it sounds just like a radiohead song)... turns out he'd made up a Radiohead song about having a baby with Cate. Wish I could attach a soundbite.....

Chubbs said...

Tilda is pure perfection, and an actress of whom I've often asked "why can't I look like her?"

I once (last year) stared for an hour at a woman in a getting a vidal sassoon hair cut who bore an uncanny resemblance to TS.

L.R. said...

Oh to only be a few inches taller and many pounds slimmer. It would open up so many doors to my style! I love looking at Net-a-Porter and seeing how gorgeous the most ugly things look on their model. Sigh. Tilda is a goddess.