Monday, March 14, 2011

Pablo's Heart - Four Tet






I had a good old fashion car sob tonight, while listening to the news reports on Japan and hearing people speak of missing loved ones. I normally, find crying in my car to be somewhat satisfying because it's the only place that's completely private. (Or at least I consider it "private", similar to those who pick their nose behind the wheel and swear no one can see them). These tears were a mixture of emotions.

Those of you who haven't heard, I am going to be an Aunt. This morning I heard her heart beat.

It was unbelievably beautiful.

And for that brief moment, I felt as if everything was alright in the world again.
SW and Taylor are right, resilience is a funny thing. But love always prevails. And quite often it's the love in our lives which allow us the luxury of resilience.

To end this on a happy note, we were all a bit relieved it's a girl. We wouldn't know what to do with a boy.

2 comments:

L.R. said...

That is soooo sweet! Love the pictures! You look so much like your sis and mom!

Yes... what would you do with a stinky rough & tumble boy!? ;)

K.Line said...

Ha! I hear you about not knowing what to do with a boy. What great pictures.