Monday, April 25, 2011

Marching the Hate machines (Into the Sun) featuring The Flaming Lips - Thievery Corporation



It happens once a week.
I'm having a pleasant conversation with someone and then I mention that I'm not on facebook. I get one of two responses. Either it's "bummer" but usually it's "good for you, I'm going to quit one day too". Here's the thing. I don't hate facebook (well maybe a little). I hate lukewarm friendships. Why LOL with someone you hardly like, when you can give someone you love a hug or write a heart felt email (or even better, a letter)? I feel more warmth towards the lovely folks who read and comment on this blog than I did for half my facebook friends (and I had about 300). I don't miss it. At all.

Life is too short to spread yourself so thinly.

3 comments:

Taylor said...

Facebook is the reason my ex boyfriend hates me. It's the devil. I want to get off it, but I'm addicted and can't stop/won't.

L.R. said...

I totally agree with you. Last night someone tweeted - Facebook is for friends who have become strangers. Twitter is for strangers who have become friends.

I'm down to about 100 friends and even that is ridiculous. I hate it too. The only reason I still have it is to waste time on a few games! How pathetic is that!?

etoilee8 said...

Taylor, if you take a break from FB for a week, I guarantee you'll never go back. You won't even miss it.

L.R. what an apt quote that is. There were very few people who I felt connected with through facebook. Friends overseas yes (but I prefer to write them letters). Besides that, if we lose touch through the years, there's usually a good reason for it.

PS- The games??!? Hahaha!!