Monday, August 8, 2011

Sonata for Flute, Viola and Harp: Pastorale - Debussy



The other day, the sun was quite right and the afternoon was hitting that point where it is acceptable to roll down all your windows in the car and try to stay cool without the A/C. Upon halting my car at a stoplight, my ears were assaulted by the noisy racket of loud rap music playing in the car of the guy on my left. I will never understand people that listen to music. That. Loud. It doesn't make you look macho and it doesn't win you any girls. You're just a nuisance in a beat up car. At least turn it down a little when you get to the light. A smidge? Maybe? Okay, no. But wait, to my right, a GIRL pulls up next to my car blaring some godawful metal. Smashed between these two bozos and their awful music I was left with no choice but to crank up the classical piece I had been listening to at maximum volume.

And that friends was when I realized, "I'm old. But dammit, I kind of like it"

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go chase some kids off my lawn.

4 comments:

L.R. said...

I kinda like it too! ;)

Tricia said...

"chase some kids of the lawn" hahaha, I love it! I keep telling girls in their 30's that 40's are great, just doing my part to encourage the "getting old is good" thing. How can a youth culture sustain itself anyway?!

K.Line said...

I love this story.

lsaspacey said...

"I have to go chase some kids off my lawn" would make a great blog title when you get older! Hell, I might steal it myself now.