Sunday, September 18, 2011

Comptine D'un Autre Été: L'après Midi - Yann Tiersen






Were you looking for a reason to feel inadequate this week? I can provide. You don't own a kickass apartment in Paris.
There. Better now?
I googled Tom to see what he had been up to lately. I knew he was in Paris but I didn't know it was like this. My fondest memories of my ex roommate include him biking up to me in London Fields with one hand on his BMX handlebar, the other holding a can of lager and calling "woot woot," from the distance. I also enjoyed that time when he chased away a potential suitor by telling them stories of my drunken awesomeness on summer vacation. And don't get me started on summer vacation. He and his siblings are very dear to me.

"i bet they're assholes."



I laughed aloud when I came across this comment thread which proved that I wasn't the only one who was jealous. I know random stranger, I know. I too would be most inclined to have this be my first thought. It only feels right. But I regret to inform you that Tom is one of the most kindest, funniest and creative people I've ever met.

No, it isn't fair.

(Photos from: The New York Times)

2 comments:

Papier Girl said...

I still hate him.

kidding. of course. sort of.

etoilee8 said...

It's cool. Me too :D Sort of.