Wednesday, September 7, 2011

The Video Dept. - The Radio Dept.


Tomorrow Luvies, I have work again through the weekend.
(Cue the cassette of "Hallelujah, Hallelujah").
How do you prepare for a busy day? The older I get, the more I believe in prepping the night before. Mostly because I'm fairly mentally incapable in the morning:

1. Lay out your clothes (even the undergarments). Come up with a few different options for the rest of the week in case you are prone to indecisiveness in the morning, like I am.

2. Prepare your breakfast options. If you're anything like me, you need to eat to start your day. I just pulled a casserole dish of rosemary potatoes out of the oven. They're easy to make and hit the spot when you need something hot. I also put my yoghurt at the front of the fridge and fill the kettle. Coffee gets taken out of the cupboard and placed on the counter.

3. Pack your bag. This sounds like a no brainer, but you would not believe how many hours I've wasted dashing around looking for my car keys, ipod, etc. Plus, I always have little extras (ballet clothes, a notebook, etc.)

These little hints help me get out the door without looking like a hot mess and chop 15+ minutes off my morning. Think about all the stupid shit you could do with that extra 15 minutes! Exactly.



(Photo above from: Wit + Delight)

1 comment:

L.R. said...

This is cute! Sounds like you still give yourself way more time in the morning than I do. If I had to work in a professional setting it would be totally like this. I wake up at 7:10 and I'm out the door by 7:40... running around like a maniac the whole time. Sooo hard to get out of bed!