Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Next Phase Short - Flying Lotus


There is something to be said about visual branding. The yellow laces. Because when that Russian girl stepped on my train at BWI Airport, jabbering loudly on her phone and wearing these boots . . . I knew I had to have them and I knew exactly where to buy them. They'll be arriving in the mail sometime this week. They're lined with wool on the inside. And if you didn't know, they'll be kicking longer than you and I will, most likely. My first pair of Doc Martens, I bought when I was 14. It's the classic mary jane style and recently I dusted them off. It's funny how we always come back to the things we love.

5 comments:

L.R. said...

I didn't know they were doing this style! Yeah, you're gonna wear the hell outta those. Hope they don't take forever to break in.

I got my first pair when I was about 13-14 as well. In high school, I traded them for a pair of 3 eyelet green oxfords. Well, the chick wanted to borrow the green ones back one last time to wear with an outfit and... I never saw either pair again. SO BUMMED!

Whitney Soup said...

that is an excellent rain boot. good job. :)

etoilee8 said...

LR and Whitney, I tried them on the store . . . they're soooo comfortable. These are the type of boots you take everywhere on every trip because your feet will never hurt. Trust.

meredyth said...

I remember those Doc Marten mary janes. Do you remember my maroon ones? They were too big but I wore them anyway.

tinacris said...

These boots are amazing. I've never seen them before, but now I really want them.

But I already have a pair of 8 eyes... this might be overkill. Then again, these are lined with wool and look pretty different, so they serve a different purpose, right?