Monday, October 10, 2011

Oúlamán (Seaweed) - Clannad



I accidentally deleted this beautiful post so I shall try and recall it from my memory.

Mont Saint Michel is one of those places where when you visit it, you will remember it for the rest of your life. My family traveled there by car and when we stumbled out of our rented minivan, we weren't quite prepared for the cold, rainy breeze which would slap out faces. We were dressed like typical American tourists in the 90's (horribly) and I wore a wind parka which I kept pulling up over my ears. As we approached the island, I clutched my Grammy's hand (she accompanied us on a few vacations), and tried to capture the memory and store it away in my heart, overwhelmed by the magnitude of it all. The wind, the smell of sea, grass and rain and the beauty of the island in the distance. It was the first time in my life I longed to hold on to a moment.

Mont St. Michel makes the type of clothing I feel you should be wearing when stumbling upon some place so magical. Warm, wooly, rustic simplicity.


5 comments:

Peas said...

I want that parka.

etoilee8 said...

Of course you do!

Whitney Soup said...

i want the bottom 2 sweaters

Tricia said...

Now I want to go, wearing those sweaters, of course.

etoilee8 said...

You should all go. It is truly fantastic. (Wearing sweaters. Of course).