Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Wondaland - Janelle Monáe


There is something very modern, with a touch of old fashion about Janelle Monáe. Make no mistakes, her songs and musical style are absolute redbrick but something in the way she crones takes me back to another time. Her style as always is impeccable because she knows what she likes and she sticks with it. And of course, she's smart as a whip. Her explanation of albums Metropolis and The ArchAndroid made my eyes well up with tears. What can I say? I'm a sucker for a good story (. . . and everything makes me cry these days). Either way, here's Miss Monáe wearing some awesome clothes and her signature, pensive stare.



(The photos came from Essence magazine by way of My Fashion Life)

2 comments:

Papier Girl said...

She OWNS her style. I have a slight crush. Beautiful girl, too.

L.R. said...

I adore her style so much! Can you imagine that being your signature? So glamorous and she rarely wears heels! I love it!

I wish I could take all this crying away!