Sunday, November 13, 2011

Good Bait - Nina Simone



Do you know how long it's been since I bought myself a new bag? Years. Seriously. I've been using freebie Knoll furniture tote bags mostly to cart my stuff around and they do the trick, but the sturdiest one is wearing a hole in it. So I'm looking into the possibility of getting a new bag. I love these canvas bags from Baggu. They come in a multitude of colors. But you know what I love the most? The $22 price tag!



But in the pricier range, I love this leather bag from Nikki Giling. I was never a fan of leather bags with too much hardware and decorative extras. This fills my desire to keep things as minimal as possible.



And if we're really talking about breaking the bank, why not just go all out with this swell Rachel Comey leather satchel? It might weigh in at $648 but it fills all my needs in a bag. Simplistic and huge. What's not to love?

Who makes your favorite bag?

3 comments:

L.R. said...

I can't see you as not being a bag person!
So, how do you find anything in giant totes? I need compartments and zip pockets galore!
I like your first inexpensive option. Leather bags are so friggin heavy!

I broke down and bought the most expensive bag I've ever purchased last year. It was about $100 and not even a month into using it, I scraped the hell out of it and it always looked like crap to me after that. There was no repairing it. So... no more pricey bags for this lady!

etoilee8 said...

Lara I can never find ANYTHING in my totes. That's probably why I'm such a mess all the time. But I like them because they're easy, cheap and because they can take a beating and hey who cares, it was a free tote bag. I also use a pricier Comme Des Garcons tote bag which I bought four years ago and is ripping at the seams. Nice.

L.R. said...

It makes me physically ill to spend a fortune on something and watch it fall apart. Sooo sorry about your bag.