Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Heaven's On Fire - The Radio Dept.



I nearly screamed at my desk when I read this. Instead I screamed on twitter and I rarely find it necessary to use all caps. I haven't been into designer collaborations recently. It's not that I don't like them, it's that often they carry a pricetag nearly as steep as the regular high end merchandise on sale . . . so it all seems a bit counter productive? I mean people selling low grade Missoni scarves on eBay for higher than a really gorgeous one at Nordstrom Rack makes no sense to me.

But I pretty much love everything Marni puts on the runway and I'm prepared to (sigh) . . . even wait in line for it.



I really have my fingers crossed that there will be lots of cool accessories similar to this sold out horn and flower necklace from The Outnet. Marni's jewelry always catches my eye but rarely does my wallet agree with me that I need a $900 wood necklace.

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

*hyperventilates*

I don't think I've ever really been excited about a designer collaboration before.

And now I'm so glad that I live next door to the Beverly Centre...

etoilee8 said...

I KNEW . . . when I posted this that you would have the same reaction as I did. Kindreds for life.

ThirdWorldFabi said...

Hahha! I SO know what you mean. I shall live the Marni craze through you, though, because I'm too far from any H&M to even smell the stuff. Good luck!

ThirdWorldFabi said...

By the way, you're funny. I like you. :)

etoilee8 said...

Fabi you are pretty awesome yourself. I've been keeping an eye on your blog for some time and I am always impressed. I'll follow up on H&M for Marni.