Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Innervoice - Hooverphonic


While visiting Philadelphia recently, I found myself with time to kill and wandered over to Barney's Co-Op. There's a reason why I avoid that place.

Upon scanning the racks, I came across this Alexander Wang sweater. At first I giggled. The peplum does slightly resemble a tail while it's hanging on the rack, looking at you like a defeated kangaroo. But always one to put my money where my mouth is, I decided to try it on. Low and behold, it fits like a glove and it's so flattering. I caught myself walking towards the register like a zombie, Barney's card in hand, before I snapped out of the sweater's spell and said loudly enough for the salesgirl to hear me, "what the hell are you doing?"

I quickly put the sweater down and ran out of the store. I am no longer allowed to get mad, if random strangers think I'm insane. I do it to myself.

(Photo: from Barneys)

1 comment:

Papier Girl said...

oh how I want an Alex Wang sweater!!!

Good for you for taking the road less traveled (Not sure why I think restraint is the road less traveled).

Seriously though, if you can't stop thinking about the sweater, I'm talking for a couple of weeks, go back and get it. Wait, it's in Philly. Nevermind.