Sunday, November 20, 2011

My Time - Mackintosh Braun

Do you ever buy an item where you have to make yourself stop physically reaching for it, when you go to get dressed in the morning? This Junya Watanabe piece is exactly that for me. I keep telling myself I can't wear it three days in a row, mostly because that's kind of gross. I first tried it on at the Commes Des Garcons store in Manhattan in 2008. But knowing that I could never afford it at full retail price, I took it off quickly. Three years later, ask on eBay and you shall receive. Today when I wore it to brunch with my parents, my mother took one look at it and declared "I don't understand your jacket." I smiled and said "It's cool, I don't understand your sartorial decisions either." And then we both laughed because it was utterly and painfully true. But my smile was large and grand because having my mother not understand my clothing means that I am not as old and crotchety as I feel!
Jacket from Junya Watanabe (salivated over and well worth the wait). Sloppy pants from J. Crew (only made sloppy because I am wearing them). Shoes from Marni (who seems to scoop up all my shoe money these days).

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

I loooove it!!!!!

L.R. said...

I wish there were more affordable things this interesting.
This is the kind of stuff I'd kill for and would fit in my wardrobe so well. LOVE LOVE LOVE!

WendyB said...

That is amazing! I covet it.

weareallpreloved said...

I tried to leave a comment yesterday, but Blogger was smoking a crack pipe. Looks like it's back to normal today.

What I wanted to say is this:
The jacket confuses the hell out of me, in a good way, and I can't stop staring at it. But I love your mom's reaction.

I was way more eloquent yesterday! ugh.