Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Teenie's Blues - Oliver Nelson


Awww shit. Is it really almost time for the Olympics again already? That sure snuck up on us, didn't it? And I've just realized how much this event will mess with my summer plans. Bah humbug. I recall sitting around in 2003 with my cynical Brit friends talking about what a possible shitshow the Olympics in London might be. Though I was secretly relieved when DC was out of the running. Better you guys than us! It seemed so far away and that conversation seems so long ago. Well the posters have been unveiled and I think they're really quite beautiful, despite the criticism they've received. They're available for purchase here, if you're interested.

My favorite three from above are by Martin Creed, Bridget Riley and Howard Hodgkin.

No comments: