Friday, December 9, 2011

Away - Koreless




How does it happen?
One minute you are fine. You are gainfully employed by a few places. Your family is healthy and happy. You feel okay . . . fine actually. And then, like the mass exodus of a flock of birds from a tree, all your happiness drains out of the picture. And suddenly you're left in a foul mood with the idea that the world is against you. I'm not sure how it happens . . . but it happens. I think mostly it's effected by the fact that it's winter, I'm quickly reaching the point of being "burnt out" and that I am long overdue for a very real vacation. Occasionally it feels like there's a void in my life where love should be. A big gaping hole the size of a crater. Sometimes I just want to turn everything and everyone off.

Photos of Wharariki Beach in New Zealand from Piccsy

6 comments:

K.Line said...

Honey, this is a very hard time of year, in hard times. I think it can be very hard to keep perspective (or is it simply that one's perspective totally shifts). I say, do what you can to do as little as possible. Conserve your energy. And try to eat well, but comfortingly. I'm sure that's the origin of this modern, holiday food insanity we now contend with.

Rebecca said...

Ah. Sounds like you need that herbal formula right about now...

etoilee8 said...

Thanks for responding guys. K. Line, you're right. This time of year is really hard and keeping perspective is a task. I'm doing the best I can. Problem is I work right now like a lunatic. It's a push until the new year. Just trying to hang on . . .

Rebecca . . . you know it.

papiermacheworld said...

Change is what you might need right now. Change of pace, change of environment. You're not alone...if that's any comfort. This "thing" you're feeling, is going around.

ThirdWorldFabi said...

Hope you feel better soon! I guess everyone goes through these stages & rough days. So difficult to stay positive but it's worth trying! Hugsies!

L.R. said...

Been meaning to comment on this post for so long. Geez.
I saw your tweet today about complaining (or something). It's a rough time of the year. I've been faking it until I make it most of the time. So many people have been relying on me to provide the x-mas cheer so I kinda have to. You have a luxury to be self-contained and (not meaning this in a bad way at all) self-absorbed. It's easy for anyone to get in a funk right now. Yes, this will pass.
xoxoxo