Sunday, April 1, 2012

Stumbled - Alpha





Even though certain days this week were somewhat exciting for me, the bigger part of the week was not. It was stressful. I know it sounds strange that I should be complaining about stress when I don't even work full time right now . . . but still somehow it happens. Certain aspects of my television job are so stressful it gives me nightmares which I can't fall back asleep from. I feel like such a wimp admitting this, but it's true. Driving to work today I felt my heart palpitating from the three cups of coffee I drank coupled with the lack of sleep and then I felt the strange need to cry over the sudden realization of my own mortality yet again. Geez. What a fucking mess. By the way, Alpha is perfect music for listening to when you're feeling down. It adds an edge of normalcy to any dour mood. And on a rainy day it is ace. Try it.

I also took a dropper full of Sweet Aja and hoped for the best. Sweet Aja is a mixture that Rebecca of Cauldrons and Crockpots whipped up for me. After a series of emails, Bex (as I lovingly call her) told me she'd have something in the mail for me right away. What arrived was a glass elixir with basil, ashwaghanda, St. John's Wort and some other key ingredients. I take it four times a day to keep the bad mood at bay. Taste like ass, works like a charm. If you haven't had the chance to explore her wonderful website, you are doing yourself a disservice. There's recipes galore and tons of excellent information. And if you find yourself feeling poopy and down or just behaving like a jerk, contact her immediately. She'll fix you right up.




(Photos from Piccsy and Caudrons and Crockpots)

1 comment:

Rebecca McTee said...

Oh, Sweet Aja, I heart you.

Illegitimi non carborundum and all that. *BIGHUG*

ps. Thank you :)